A friend of mine writes out anonymous messages/confessions. I’ve always thought this was an interesting idea and writing exercise.
- .You are probably one of the nicest, most considerate people I’ve ever met. I don’t tell you this often enough, nor do I tell you how much I love and appreciate you. Truth is, I’m scared to let you get too close to me.
- I wish I could tell you the truth, but I know it would kill you.
- I’ve been waiting 12 years for you to come out of the closet. You’re not fooling anyone.
- Sometimes I don’t understand how we’re friends, but I can’t help loving you all the same.
- I can’t forgive you, no matter how hard I try.
- You’re on my mind a lot, and I know that I’ve been less than fair to you. I wish I could find it in myself to apologize, but I can’t stand being around you because you make me feel insane.
- You take so much for granted and it sickens me. You ask for help, yet return the favour with scorn. The “Real World” is not going to be kind to you and I’m disinclined to feel sympathetic.
- I’ve been lying to you consistently for way too long and I can’t bear looking you in the eye anymore.
- I’ve always admired how strong and compassionate you are. You’re one of those people who lights up a room and is constantly making the world a better, and more beautiful place. You’ve inspired me in so many ways, and motivate me to be better. I’m so glad to have found you.
- I genuinely hope that you find someone, someday who appreciates you for who you are and treats you with respect and makes you happy. You truly are a beautiful person and deserve to find that happiness.
- I know when you lie to me, and it’s frustrating as all hell. I wish I knew what I did to make you feel like you can’t trust me.
- I still think about you from time to time and miss you terribly. You’re one of the few who’s always treated me as an equal. You’re too young to live the life you live and I sincerely hope you find your way.
- I owe you my life and it breaks my heart whenever I think about the distance that’s grown between us.