I’m surprised how quick and easy these guys were to make. I’ve even got enough greenery left over to make another batch later on.
I more or less improvised a recipe, but here’s what you need:
- 1 bunch of kale (rinsed/dried, leaves removed from thick inner stem)
- 1tbs. olive oil
- Salt (to taste)
- Chili flakes (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Put leaves in large bowl and toss with olive oil (not too much, though. some of my leaves were a bit more heavily coated and ended up somewhat greasy.) then sprinkle in some salt/chili
- Lay out on a baking tray and put in the oven !
- Now here’s the tricky part since I was just playing around- I baked mine for about 10 minutes and they came out pretty crispy (some were starting to burn, though). I’d suggest 10-12 minutes for baking but KEEP AN EYE ON THEM since every oven is different.
- Remove from oven, enjoy. 🙂
(Edit: I should note that you should be cautious about how much chili you add. I sort of went to town while “lightly sprinkling” the flakes and my chips are devilishly hot. Delicious, mind you, but oh my word.)